About the Course
Course Description:This course will help current and prospective ESL educators to develop the pedagogical skills and techniques needed to teach grammar and the structures of English to speakers of other languages. Students will discuss the concepts of linguistic analysis as well as effective teaching strategies, methods, and techniques for the classroom.
By the end of this course students should be able to:
- Identify and discuss the issues related to the teaching and learning of English grammar for speakers of other languages.
- Identify common grammar problems for L2 learners and suggest strategies for differentiating learning to meet the needs of all learners.
- Master the terminology and vocabulary for teaching English grammar and apply to current and/or future professional practice.
- Describe and apply various pedagogies, methods, and strategies for teaching grammar.
- Design effective grammar activities for the classroom.